[vlc-devel] About VLC mpeg2ts decoder

hornsby adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 12:28:19 CEST 2005

 Hi,

I have developed a splicing tool (under GPL) that can splice MPEG2ts streams
on fly with live.com library. Everything work now great when displaying the
output on VLC (vlc is great great tool for debugging ) but I need to
understand fully vlc decoder behavior to analyse my tool s reaction.
Is the decoder able to start decoding anywhere is the PES packet or does it
have to wait for the beginning of a new PES to start decoding ? is there
enough information in GOP Header to start a decoding ??
My application is able to splice any MPEG2ts streams. At the moment, it is
splicing depending on PES but I want it to be able to splice depending on
GOP, but I  need to know if I do so what I will need to modify in PES header
and in the remaing data.

Thanks very much for any info you can give me on decoder behavor and on the
"must to respect" to be able to have perfect splicing display on vlc.

adrian

--
http://hornsby.freezee.org