[vlc-devel] Re: Download size

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Sat Aug 13 11:15:42 CEST 2005

I really didn't mean to modularize the installation for "general"
plugins (I consider xml and https as general), but rather for some
specific features, namely browser plugins, osdmenu images and locales.

But the problem of an installation that performs on -demand download is
that it completely hinders a medium or large-scale deployment.

The trivia about the debian dependancies was not to say we need to get
rid of them, but rather to make people conscious of this fact.

--
Zorglub
Clément Stenac