[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r12183 (dionoea)

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Sun Aug 14 09:42:45 CEST 2005

Le Dimanche 14 Août 2005 01:15, Subversion daemon a écrit :
> r12183 | dionoea | 2005-08-14 00:15:37 +0200 (Sun, 14 Aug 2005) | 8
> lines Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/src/libvlc.c
>    M /trunk/src/misc/configuration.c
>
>  * setlocale( LC_NUMERIC, "C" ). There still might be some place
> where its missing. Beware that this change configuration saving
> output (it used to be saved in users locale).

Yeah, using the C locale to read and write config files sounds good. But
now that you mention it, while doing that in the config stuff will
probably not affect other parts of VLC. I'm more suspicious about the
use of setlocale in wxWidgets.

I don't know if it would be appropriate to always keep the C locale for
LC_NUMERIC ? is there any place that really expect to print a float to
one of the User Interface ?

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/