[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r12269 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Sat Aug 20 09:33:05 CEST 2005

Le Samedi 20 Août 2005 05:26, C.Y.M a écrit :
> When my build script calls "bootstrap", the default version of
> automake being used is 1.6.  Could this be the problem?
> modules_builtin.h should be created by modules_builtin.h.in, but it
> doesnt.  What version of automake/aclocal should we be using and
> should "bootstrap" be changed?

Did you try to clean the tree (./toolbox --distclean) and rerun
configure? Automatic dependency tracking knows about
src/misc/*modules.o depending on src/misc/modules_builtin.h, and the
rule to build src/misc/modules_builtin.h from
src/misc/modules_builtin.h.in is still present. But some versions of
automake don't recompute the dependencies properly unless configure is
rerun *manually*.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/