[vlc-devel] Re: Regarding trac ticket #71

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Sat Aug 20 09:49:20 CEST 2005

Le Samedi 20 Août 2005 09:51, Marian Durkovic a écrit :
> I think this ticket should be reopened - there's no reordering
> code in VLC's udp/rtp input yet, although jpsaman has introduced some
> code to at least check RTP sequence numbers - but for now without the
> capability to restore correct packet order.

The ticket has been rephrased more appropriately.

(...)
> Unfortunately, e.g. the Windows GUI only has the option to use raw
> UDP while RTP/UDP is missing - so most users use raw UDP even if
> RTP/UDP would work better.

That's true. That said, I don't expect users to enter RTP urls manually
so often. In practice, it will either be obtained from SAP announces,
in which case VLC should select RTP properly, or from RTSP which is
handled by live.com.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/