[vlc-devel] Re: Regarding trac ticket #71

Gildas Bazin gbazin at videolan.org
Sun Aug 21 13:43:11 CEST 2005

On Sunday 21 August 2005 08:22, CUTMAN ~CW~ wrote:
> as for the GUI selection..
>
> there is no ticket on that, but 2 forum threads..
>
> here's apotential solution(links for forum as well):
> http://home.earthlink.net/~zcot/vlc/sout-dialog/
>
> gibalou: shall I draw up a ticket?
> can you answer the question as to whether it is much more coding to
> implement a more thorough solution such as a scrolledWindow in one of the
> sections, or on the whole dialog?
>
> What should the solution be? some reformatting? or redesigning?

This dialog box would really need a complete redesign but I don't know if
anybody will be willing to invest the time to do it.

I guess a little re-arrangement like the one shown in the screenshot above
will be a good 1st step. Then you could try to implement scrolling on the
whole window if you think that isn't enough.

--
Gildas