[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r12313 (fkuehne)

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sun Aug 21 20:11:03 CEST 2005

Subversion daemon wrote:

>r12313 | fkuehne | 2005-08-21 19:17:43 +0200 (Sun, 21 Aug 2005) | 1 line
>Changed paths:
>   M /trunk/extras/contrib/src/packages.mak
>
>* use autoconf 2.59 instead of 2.57, since bootstrap needs it now -- this breaks the compilation on BeOS, but there is no way to prevent that except making bootstrap autoconf 2.57 - compatible again

Breaking a port is not that nice. Who is the BeOS maintainer and does he
agree with this? Or does he NEED the autoconf 2.57 support?

Fact is every distribution uses a version of autoconf and they are never
the same on any of them. So we have to live with supporting several
version of the build tools if we like it or not.

This is my 2cts.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.