[vlc-devel] Re: Status of RFC3016 mpeg4 streams?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Aug 31 11:03:20 CEST 2005

At 10:25 PM 8/30/2005, you wrote:
>How much effort would it take to have a runtime or
>compiletime option like --use-live-rtsp, and then get
>LATM MPEG streams?

If you want to *transmit* LATM AAC RTSP/RTP streams, then you'll
probably find it easier to just use the LIVE.COM code (in particular,
its RTSP server implementation, including demo server applications)
by itself, rather than trying to modify VLC to do this.  (I still
find it odd that people want to use the Videolan *Client* application
as a server :-)

In any case, you'll need to write some code of your own, but it seems
easier to start from dedicated RTSP/RTP server code.

The "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code is described at
<http://www.live.com/liveMedia/>

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>