[vlc-devel] Re: NSC format encoding

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Aug 31 13:10:36 CEST 2005

Just so everyone knows, we need this decoder to support NSC
announces, used for Windows Media Server Multicast streaming.
I have somewhat of a design issue though. The announces contain the
ASF headers, but I have no idea how to forward this information.

NSC file -> NSC demux: now we have multicast IP and port and headers
However now we need to setup a udp input with ASF demuxing

As far as i can tell we don't really have a comparable situation for
this in VLC atm. Anyone an idea on how we can fit this in our structure?

DJ