[vlc-devel] Re: [streaming] VLC VOD Server (Seeking, FF/RW)

MRUKANT POPAT mrukant at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:18:25 CET 2005

hi Dominik,

Thank you for the reply.

What I am wondering is that ...I am using VLC 0.8.2 and using a
MPEG2TS file as content.

I use VLC as both VOD server and media player.

When VLC media player requests content from VLC vod server thru RTSP,
the server sends content over RTP by default. and the player plays is
properly.
The only problem is that the trick modes FF and REWIND are not
working. When I do FF, I see contents moving fast for about 3 seconds
and then it freezes on the last frame.

Can you tell me how did u make it working. FYI...my SERVER and PLAYER
are on different windows machines.

regards,
MRUKANT