[vlc-devel] Re: VLC and multichannel Audio Devices

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Thu Dec 8 12:00:10 CET 2005

Hi Derk,

I'm often rebuild vlc with the last track version and will be able to
test this week-end on a Motu 828 mkII.

What I did remark on previous versions is that when outputing certain
stereo files, VLC would still select the multi channel output and do
the upmixing. To overcome this, I've created a aggregate device with
just my motu, an alternate stereo config (to select the right output
pair, wich also fix the quicktime bug regarding channels, cool! :))
and not multi-channel output. It worked until recently but it with
the build 2 days ago. I'll try with the new one.

One suggestion for VLC is to display something what kind of output it
is generating: like an indicator for the source format (AC3 multi,
AC3 stereo, DTS, PCM....) and one for the output (digital, stereo,
multi).

Thanks for the nice work!

Jean-Alexis