[vlc-devel] [Release] VLC media player 0.8.4a
zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Tue Dec 13 11:15:52 CET 2005
Dear VideoLAN users,
The VideoLAN team is happy to announce the release of the VLC 0.8.4a
This is a minor update to VLC 0.8.4 which was released a few weeks ago.
It fixes some annoying bugs in 0.8.4.
The main improvements are:
* OS X S/PDIF should now be fixed. We once more would like to thank all
users who donated for us to buy a G5, which allowed us to fix this.
* A/52 over S/PDIF has been fixed in Linux ALSA support.
* SAP Services Discovery had an annoying problem with IPv6 under Windows
which has been fixed.
* MusePack is now included in the Windows version
You can get a complete list by reading the release notes:
Binary packages are available for Windows and Mac OS X.
You can download those and the source code as well
Help concerning this new VLC version is available :
* Documentation - http://www.videolan.org/doc/
* The Forum - http://forum.videolan.org/
* The Wiki Pages - http://wiki.videolan.org/
* The User Mailing Lists - http://www.videolan.org/support/lists.html
* IRC - #videolan on Freenode
Remember to reset your preferences if you experience problems after
upgrading from a previous version.
For the VideoLAN team,
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://developers.videolan.org/lists.html
More information about the vlc-devel