[vlc-devel] Re: Mozilla plugin and RTSP bug

Zhang, Yonghang yzhang at belcan.com
Wed Dec 21 23:25:45 CET 2005

Hi all,

I am new to VLC. Currently I am working on a network video streaming
project. I used ffmpeg and ffserver as my video server which proivdes a
real-time video stream from a camera. I used VLC as the player on the
client side to play the video through http protocol. I can watch the
video but the latency is quite long which has almost 2 seconds delay.
Are there any ways that I can modify the vlc code such that the
real-time performance can be improved?

By the way, I changed VOUT_MAX_PICTURES from 5 frames to 3 frames. But
it seems doesn't help.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards
Yonghang