[vlc-devel] Re: VLC up-to-date API Documentation

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Feb 17 10:40:06 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 11:04:30AM +0530, Chezhyan P wrote:

> 						VLC up-to-date API
> Documentation
> Dear VLC users,
>  	We are doing video streaming project using VLC. In our project
> we need to plug-in some custom modules. We have gone through the
> archives and one recurrent theme is that the API documentation is
> outdated. We plan to update the documentation keeping Christophe
> Massiot's VLC media player API Documentation as our base reference. We
> would like to know if anyone is doing similar work
For api documentation we have been trying to start using doxygen, but the
documentation is no where near complete. Adding documentation for the api
this way is fairly easy, and contributions are more than welcome.

What is also needed is some textual document describing architechure and
design ideas. This is much harder to write, and I think I've heard rumors of
work starting on that, but I'm not sure if that is true. Contributions are
off course welcome here as well.

Sigmund

> With Regards
> Chezhyan