[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r9967 (damienf)

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Thu Feb 17 14:46:27 CET 2005

For internet installation of the activex plugin, several scenarii are
possible:

1) compile the plugin as standalone, all necessary modules are built-in
    problem: GPL ? bloated application ? crippled VLC

2) include VLC installer along with the Activex Plugin in the CAB file
(which is required for an internet download), and launch it once
downloaded, this will also install VLC app and its modules.
    problem: big download !

I would advise for 2) (the installer could be tailored so that only the
modules are installed)

As for mozilla plugin, 1) should be achievable, but I doubt that 2)
would work

Damien