[vlc-devel] OSX compil problems

Eric Nicolas enicolas at dvdfr.com
Wed Feb 23 18:14:51 CET 2005

Hi,

Following my post on vlc mailing list, I'm trying to get up and running
with
VLC development on OSX. Someone helped me on IRC to find proper
docs, etc... (is that you Derk-Jan ?).

I did this:
- got VLC from subversion
- disabled Fink in my terminal session
- successfully built contribs from sources
- successfully did bootstrap
- successfully configured with options as documented there:
	http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/osx-compile.html

But when I make, it works for a while, but ends with:

gcc -Wsign-compare -Wall
-I/Users/enicolas/Work/videolan/vlc-trunk/extras/contrib/include
-no-cpp-precomp -D_INTL_REDIRECT_MACROS -pipe
-L/Users/enicolas/Work/videolan/vlc-trunk/extras/contrib/vlc-lib
-L/Users/enicolas/Work/videolan/vlc-trunk/extras/contrib/lib -o
libvorbis_plugin.dylib libvorbis_plugin_a-vorbis.o `top_builddir=../..
../../vlc-config --libs plugin vorbis`
gcc: unrecognized option `-shared'
ld: Undefined symbols:
_vorbis_bitrate_addblock
_vorbis_bitrate_flushpacket
_vorbis_encode_setup_init
_vorbis_encode_setup_managed
_vorbis_encode_setup_vbr
make[4]: *** [libvorbis_plugin.dylib] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-modules] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2