[vlc-devel] Re: RTSP restrictions on codec?

Philippe Bridant philippe.bridant at smartjog.com
Thu Feb 24 14:28:32 CET 2005

Ross Finlayson wrote:

> [...]
>
> Well, I tend to make an exception for VLC, because it's (i) very good,
> (ii) developed by clueful people who don't need a lot of hand holding,
> and (iii) not developed by a corporation (that could pay for consulting
> services).
 >
 >         Ross.

If by "Hand holding" you mean giving explanations on how works LIVE.COM,
   I agree I was hand held.

However,

1) you MUST provide documentation before saying this kind of thing.

2) we did not need any documentation to fully understand who works
ffmpeg and its rtsp implementation, I think that show us that ffmpeg WAS
developped by clueful people.

3) the main goal of my developements was first to contribute to VLC for
educational purpose. My "corporation" choosed VLC for a wide
distribution on Screenings Stations because I was working on it.

By the way, RTSP implementation on VLC with ffmpeg works pretty good
now. I thank you for having convinced me not to use LIVE.COM.

Regards.

P.S: Sorry for people who don't want to see this kind of mail, but I am
black listed on LIVE.COM mailing list.

--
Philippe BRIDANT
IT Engineer