[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r10012 (fenrir)

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 25 10:52:17 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> At 01:10 AM 2/21/05, you wrote:
> >r10012 | fenrir | 2005-02-21 10:10:53 +0100 (Mon, 21 Feb 2005) | 6 lines
> >Changed paths:
> >   M /trunk/modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp
> >
> > * livedotcom: automatic TCP rollover when no data was received in 900ms
> > and
> > auto eof when no more data received in 3s (not tested a lot, so please
> >report
> > any problem).
>
> Thanks for doing this.  This will be a big help for those people stuck
> behind stupid firewalls.
>
> One comment, though: As you note in your comments, your new "RollOverTCP()"
> function duplicates a *lot* of code from "Open()".  It would be better to
> remove this duplication, by having just a single 'RTSP open' routine that
> requests either UDP or TCP streaming, based on a parameter.
 I've done it this way to be able to test changes faster (and to avoid
remove/add of all ES), but yes it should be reworked :)

 I thought that I just need to issue a setup with new parameters and
that's all. But that didn't worked (the server was openRtsp from live.com),
the client doesn't receive the answer of the setup, so I end up reopening
the rtsp connexion.

Oh btw, is there any way we can know if the streaming is using multicast
or unicast ? The problem is that on large multicast network, the time you
start receiving data can be higher than 0.9s (people reported 10s as common).
 (I would like to increase the timeout for multicast).

--
fenrir