[vlc-devel] h264 over rtp.

Hussain conundrums at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:39:28 CET 2005

Hello.

I have been trying to playback h264 encoded video over rtp/rtsp and
just recently realized that the way the h264 parameter sets are sent
over, is pretty similar to the way the asf headers are sent over when
streaming.

I was thinking about using the code in livedotcom.cpp -(in
modules/demux)- that parses the asf header as a base to write a parser
for getting the h264 parameter sets from the sdp,  and sending it to
the decoder first,  thus having it initialized before it recieves the
RTP packets.

My question right now is apart from the livedotcom.cpp where would I
need to make changes so that the decoder can understand the additional
info I am trying to send. As of now I am pretty clueless, so any help
on this matter would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Hussain