[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r10064 (andrep)

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sun Feb 27 22:22:23 CET 2005

This is great work and good to hear. I would really like to thank you
for this.
Now the only problem left is probably getting the 'mozilla' headers we
need cleanly into the contrib system, but i'm sure we can tackle that
issue.

DJ

On 27 feb 2005, at 06:51, Subversion daemon wrote:

> r10064 | andrep | 2005-02-27 06:51:32 +0100 (Sun, 27 Feb 2005) | 28
> lines
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/modules/gui/macosx/vout.m
>    M /trunk/modules/gui/macosx/voutqt.m
>
> * modules/macosx/{vout,voutqt}.m: The Mac OS X Mozilla plugin lives
> again!
>

> Some details:
>
> * This was mostly taken verbatim from revision:5717 (before the vout
>   Mozilla support was removed), though it's been edited pretty
> thoroughly,
>   and is now much more commented.
>
> * The "normal" vout display should be completely unaffected, since the
>   plugin-relevant code paths are only taken when
> p_vout->p_sys->b_embedded is
>   set to VLC_TRUE.  (I've tested the normal VLC.app, and it seems
> fine.)
>
> * There are still some problems with the plugin when the Mozilla
> window is
>   resized a lot.  I suspect this is due to threading issues with
>   QuickDraw, but I don't know enough about QuickDraw to be sure.  Help
>   with this would be very welcome.
>
> * The original patch in revision:5717 optimised the plugin display
>   slightly, by using a mask (clipping region) so that QuickDraw only
>   updated the plugin's area of the dirty region.  I elected not to use
>   a mask, since I thought the extra code complexity (i.e. lots more
> if()
>   branches) isn't worth the incremental speedup.  (If, in fact, there
> was
>   a speedup at all -- the extra overhead induced by calculating the
>   intersection of the dirty region with the mask may have offset any
>   benefits: only benchmarks will tell ...)
>

> --

---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)