[vlc-devel] help with linux

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Tue Jan 4 17:45:50 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting vlc under linux to make a stream available
to other clients. I can get it to work in windows, but it fails under linux.

Basically I have a stream pushed to the linux box (port 5010), then vlc
under linux accesses the stream at 5010 and makes it available on port 5012
to other clients.

I've posted this question in the normal vlc list but so far have not had
much luck. In linux, I'm running in a terminal window (no X server) and I
know that the stream on port 5010 is coming in, as I can see the video
rendered as ascii coming up. However sending it to port 5012 is what isn't
working, as accessing it, either via WMP or VLC itself, renders nothing. WMP
claims a network error.

I have ensured that the linux box does not have any firewall settings.

This is the command I'm using:

vlc
udp://@:5010:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=256,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=64,cha
nnels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=192.168.1.245:5012}}

Where 192.168.1.245 is the local ip. The access to udp://@:5010 does work,
as I mentioned. It's the redistribution to port 5012 that seems to have
trouble.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Ricardo