[vlc-devel] Problem playing back mpeg-2 transport stream

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Wed Jan 12 18:40:23 CET 2005

Hi,

Uploaded troublesome stream to ftp.videolan.org/incoming.

Stream:  jazzfm.mpg, 30 second MPEG-2 transport stream with one
          mpga PES

Logfile: jazz.log, extra debug turned on in ts.c/GatherPES()

It's as if all the data is read without any of it being played. The
slider in the wxwindows interface increases and after 5-6 seconds
we get the eof? message. mplayer plays the stream from beginning to
end.

I'll keep debugging this myself but it's slow progress. Up to now,
I can't see anything wrong with this stream from a standards point
of view so I would hope it could be made playable.

Dermot.