[vlc-devel] Java API for the VLC

Brückler Peter Peter.Brueckler at softlab.at
Thu Jan 13 10:50:41 CET 2005

Hey Developers,

            I'm interested in your VLC. I would like to integrate it in an AWT/SWING like application.

Currently I'm using the JMF from Sun, with which I'm not really happy.

Do you offer an Java API for your VideoLan-Client? I could not find anything in the documentation.

The "Firefox" and / or "Mozilla-Plugin" seems not to be an option for my needs!

The integrated VLC client must support unidirectional multicasting/broadcasting, so no HTTP / TCP communication.

Thanks in advance,

Please give me feedback,

Sincerely yours,

Peter Brückler