[vlc-devel] Re: Zaurus VLC install problem

Jussi Laukkanen jussi.laukkanen at utu.fi
Sat Jan 15 11:47:17 CET 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 19:59, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

> If someone could post an updated librt_2.1.3_arm.ipk that would install
> with ipkg install I would be gratefull.

I have rebuilt the librt package and now it installs fine with ipkg (or
with Zaurus' Add/Remove Programs). The updated package is available at
http://users.utu.fi/juilauk/zaurus/librt_2.1.3_arm.ipk

The SDL package on the download page installs the library to /opt and it
won't get loaded from there on default installation. I used the package
from http://www.gnurou.org/software/zaurus/feed/libSDL_1.2.6cvs-1_arm.ipk
and it worked fine. If you change the librt package on the download page,
I recommend you change the libSDL package too. I'll try to contact the
author of the libSDL package to get an updated version of it.

vlc worked otherwise ok on my Zaurus, but the video output was distorted.
The program detects the screen as 240x320 while it's true size on SL-6000
is 480x640. I believe this is the problem. Is the resolution hardcoded
somewhere, by taking a quick look I couldn't find option to change it?

Audio files are played fine, I only tried mp3 though.

Regards,

- Jussi