[vlc-devel] Re: [VLC] VLC with ffmpeg compile + YUV play

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Thu Jan 20 22:59:13 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005, Dusan Mudric wrote :
> Hi,
>
> I am a sessional lecturer at Carleton University and my students are implementing various encoding algorithms on VLC platform. We need a help to:
>
> - compile ffpemg library with VLC, and

Well, for that, the best woulkd certainly be to have a look on one of
the pages linked here http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/, depending on
the destination architecture.

> - run VLC using YUV video clips.

Well, If the YUV track is encapsulated in a muxing format VLC support
(well, do we have support for a muxing format that allows raw video ?),
it should work... But I'm not aware of any way to have VLC read any raw
video stream (excepted the particular case of DV streams).

--
BigBen