[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r9803 (hartman)

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Jan 21 23:06:29 CET 2005

OK, i thought that fixed it, but apparently i still had
--xvideo-chroma=YV12 on my commandline :)

This is the situation
http://sidekick.student.utwente.nl/videolan/vlcsnap.jpg
The blue highlight should be RED

in the above sample the following highlights are RED
Scene 1-6
Scene 7-12
Scene 13-18
Back
The others are BLUE but should be RED as well

the highlights are correctly positioned and sized.
the error is in blend.c BlendPalYUY2

You can easily see it on linux. take a dvd and play the menu with
--xvideo-chroma=YV12 for correct blending and --xvideo-chroma=YUY2 for
the faulty result. The commit below can probably be reverted.
Anyone got an idea what the heck can be going on?

On 21 jan 2005, at 20:26, Subversion daemon wrote:

> r9803 | hartman | 2005-01-21 20:26:08 +0100 (Fri, 21 Jan 2005) | 2
> lines
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/modules/video_filter/blend.c
>
> * blend.c: Fix YUVP -> YUY2 blend. YUVP is actually YVUP and this was
> not accounted for in the YUY2 blend routine. This resulted in
> incorrect colors in some DVD menu's for instance.
>
> --

---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)