[vlc-devel] libcddax_plugin.so: undefined symbol: cdio_paranoia_modeset

C.Y.M cym at syphir.sytes.net
Sun Jan 30 07:30:55 CET 2005

R. Bernstein wrote:
> C.Y.M writes:
>  > R. Bernstein wrote:
>  > > Because this may be a general problem for others, I'd be interested to
>  > > know how you got in this state.
>  > >
>  > > 1. Was configure regnerated and rerun?  (My guess is not)
>  >
>  > Yes, configure was executed beforehand.
>
> But that's not completely what I asked or wrote. I wrote *regenerated*
> and rerun. (Okay, so I misspelled the crucial word).

First I ran ./bootstrap then ./configure with all the options.

>  > The default is to enable.  From ./configure --help:
>  >
>  > --enable-cddax          CDDAX plugin support (default enabled)
>
> That's what it used to be. Not what it is now.

I have never used --enable-cddax.  But specifying --disable made the problem go
away (from a checkout today).  I think cddax is enabled by default unless that
*just* changed.  Do you still think the Makefile is generated incorrectly?

I noticed that configure.ac has no reference to LIBCDIO_PARANOIA_CFLAGS (if that
is even a problem, I have no idea).