[vlc-devel] mozilla plugin

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Sun Jan 30 17:21:41 CET 2005

Hi,

I've discovered two problems with the mozilla plugin, one which there
isn't an obvious fix for and one which there hopefully is.

(1) Since the recent excellent rework of the playlist, an old hack
     which propagated the LOOP="yes" value from HTML to the playlist
     no longer works. I believe that there isn't an obvious way to
     pass a value from plugin->libvlc->playlist, but it would be
     great if one could be found.

(2) Having some h/w where the OSS driver was not behaving well, I
     tried to get the plugin to use the ALSA driver. Nothing worked.

     vlcshell.cpp has a line,  #   define AOUT_PLUGINS "oss,dummy"

     Adding in alsa at the start works. Alternatively, commenting out

     value.psz_string = AOUT_PLUGINS;
     VLC_VariableSet( p_plugin->i_vlc, "conf::aout", value );

     allows the value to be read from the vlcrc file.

If would be great if a fix could be found for (1) so that I can test
both fixes at the same time.

Dermot.