[vlc-devel] Re: How to compile VLC for the MIPS(PMC - RM5231A) platform?

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sat Jul 2 14:19:53 CEST 2005

이선헌 wrote:

>Hi. i'm sunhun, Lee.
>I would like to compile VLC for the MIPS(PMC - RM5231A) platform.
>Cross-compile toolchain is installed in my Linux pc(host system)
>How to compile the VLC for the MIPS platform?
>How to configure and make the VLC?

Cross-Compile the libraries you want to use with VLC, then compile vlc with:
$> cd <path to vlc>/
$> ./bootstrap
$> CFLAGS="-I<path to headerfiles>" LDFLAGS="-L<path_to_libraries>"
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-dvbpsi <other_options>

The documents http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/arm-crosscompile.html
and on http://home.planet.nl/~jpsaman/ choose the hyperlink "Roku
compatible software <http://home.planet.nl/%7Ejpsaman/linux/roku.htm>"
in the left, then choose on the right the link in the section "HOWTO
Hacking Roku HD1000". The last link talks about a cross-compile
environment for a MIPS based settopbox.

These links are not direct answers to your question, but I hope it will
help you in achieving your goal.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman