[vlc-devel] VLC Bug in v. 0.8.2: Jerky Menu DVD Playing in Windows

John Michael Williams jwill at isp.com
Mon Jul 4 01:50:50 CEST 2005

Hello.

Your process for reporting a bug is completely obscure
to me!  I hpe this Email is the right way!

I am reporting a bug in VLC.

Briefly, DVD's in v. 0.8.2 (but not 0.7.2) play
jerkily when the DVD is opened with menu.
If the DVD is opened simple, there is no jerking.

VLC is unusable for DVD playing with menues since 0.8.2.

I reported this early in 0.8.2 on the Forums,
but apparently noone monitors the formus for bug reports.
I reported this again last week, and several others have
replicated this bug.

You can get full detail on this bug, which has been
confirmed by other users in Windows 2000 and Windows XP,
under the forum title "VLC 0.8.2 Plays DVD w. Menues
jerkily in Win2k".

My most recent link to the web page is:
http://forum.videolan.org/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=ce0b108d1d3a3ac03ae82d0fed8389e3

This is reliably reproducible and is a major bug.
Pick any DVD and just try (I use Godzilla).

  --
                          John
                      jwill at isp.com
                   John Michael Williams