[vlc-devel] DVD playback time code trouble

Kirk Hobart hobart at west.net
Sun Jul 17 10:58:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

When I play DVDs in VLC 0.8.2 in Win2k, the Alt-Right and Alt-Left
ten-second jump feature jumps to the wrong place, especially when the DVD
is beyond the layer change. Also, the displayed time code jumps to zero at
the layer change. I traced the problem as far as DEMUX_GET_TIME in
dvdread.c, but I got lost trying to understand the structs in this line:
p_sys->i_title_cur_time = (mtime_t) p_sys->dsi_pack.dsi_gi.nv_pck_scr / 90
* 1000;

I noticed a recent change to the code that I was stepping through. Maybe
you folks are already working on this issue:
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/changeset/11413

Kirk