[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r11768 (asmax)

Cyril Deguet cyril.deguet at via.ecp.fr
Sun Jul 17 17:07:26 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005, R. Bernstein wrote:
> That said, in the menu system that is there now, I suppose it's not so
> bad to list it there. But the real libcdio input plugins, cddax and
> vcdx, *aren't* listed.

Right I should have added them under the libcdio menu, but the commit was
just a quick fix for the libcdio issue you just fixed ;)

> I also have question as to something listed "NEW" or not. Is the
> skins2 interface really "NEW"? I have a feeling many of the things
> listed "NEW" are over a year old - libcdio is. ("NEW" with respect to
> when it was entered into build_vlc, strikes me as a bit of an
> arbitrary distinction.) In some cases, I get the impression that "NEW"
> means sometimes "experimental" and in other cases "disabled by
> default".

Well, menuconfig generates a .config file with all the configure
options, either set to "y" or left not set. The features that appear as
"NEW" in menuconfig are just the ones which are defined in config.in
but not yet in your current .config, OR in defconfig if you don't have
a .config yet. So all the "NEW" features are just the ones missing
in defconfig, as this file has not been updated for a long time...

> If adding options for cddax or vcdx is appropriate, either do so
> or let me know and I'll do so.

Feel free to do it, no problem. You may want to correct the defconfig
too by the way ;)

--
Cyril