[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r11754 (rocky)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Mon Jul 18 13:53:30 CEST 2005

C.Y.M writes:
 > After this change, I get unresolved symbols:
 >
 > /usr/lib/vlc/access/libcddax_plugin.so: undefined symbol: cdio_paranoia_modeset
 >
 > I am using cvs of both libcdio and libvcdinfo.  I have rebuilt the Makefiles in
 > VLC and its still not working.

Sorry about that. Just commited a fix. When you run
   vlc-config --libs plugin cddax

You should now see (among other things):
   -lcdio_paranoia -lcdio_cdda

- - -

With this change, I note that testing for libcdio 0.71 could work if
the recent new libcdio code added in wxwindows were written either in
a depricated style or by testing for > version 0.71. (The cddax plugin
does this.) My preference is see things move forward (and remove the
version tests in the cddax plugin) rather than code backwards in new
code.