[vlc-devel] Re: SuSE porting.

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Tue Jul 19 17:24:12 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005, Marjon Smokey wrote :
> Hi there! :)
>
> I've read on your site, youre looking for someone, who would like to
> spend some time, for porting VLC to SuSE.
>
> Well I think you've find your girl!
>
> I'm using SuSE for 2 years now, for the fully 100%.
> Have no problems to compile something and to assemble that to a RPM file.
>
> Have no idear what to say further more, if you wonna know something,
> please just ask!

First of all, sorry for the late answer.

Thanks a lot for you offer. VLC can be a bit touchy to package (it has
really a huge amount of dependencies...) As a consequence, it would
certainly be a good idea to have a look at the redhat / mandriva spec
files around as a source of inspiration ;)

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question. Coming to our IRC
channel (#videolan at irc.freenode.net) could be a good source of help too.

Thanks again,

--
BigBen