[vlc-devel] Interesting "Always on Top" Bug.....

TwoTailedFox twotailedfox at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 19:53:32 CEST 2005

Already filed this on Bugzilla.

Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel D845EBG2 w/ Pentium 4 2.4MHz Northwood Core
GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP8X

When I load VLC up to quick-play a file (For example, using Kazaa, or
another App to launch VLC), there is a bug in the way the 'Always on
Top' functionality is handled.

Say, the VLC player loads up, and it's in the process of opening a
particular file... if I click on another app (Mozilla Firefox, or an
IM Window that's full-screen, VLC is no longer the active
application.... and when the video loads, the "Always on Top" rule
isn't obeyed. The preferences page is accessed, and Always on Top
confirmed to be ticked.

If I wait for the video to load, before clicking another program,
Always on Top works fine.

Any idea what would be wrong and/or if a fix is in the works?

--
"I had a handle on life, but then it broke"