[vlc-devel] Re: .h files

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jun 7 16:40:20 CEST 2005

Le Mardi 7 Juin 2005 13:37, Antoine Bardel a écrit :
> A little question :

> I wrote a .c file to add to vlc code and would like to know if there
> are rules to write the corresponding .h file.
> Where do I have to put it ? Do I have to modify the makefile in order
> to compile the code ?

It depends on why you want an header file :

* If it's meant to help splitting a plugin among multiples .c modules,
you should put the .h in the same directory as the plugin source (ie .c
files), and there are no particular rule to its content (apart from
coding styles).

* If it's meant to export functionnality added to the core, you should
put the file in include/ (and add it to the top Makefile.am). You have
to use the VLC_EXPORT macro if you want to exports functions to
plugins.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/