[vlc-devel] Re: Need assistance in building VLC Mozilla plugin

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Wed Jun 8 19:39:25 CEST 2005

Иван Чубов wrote:

>Dear Jean!
>
>I read your notes how to build Mozilla plugin at http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/mozilla-plugin-compile.html
>I followed your instructions but when I ran ./configure it fails with the error message:
>checking for mozilla-config... no
>configure: error: Please install the Mozilla development tools, mozilla-config was not found.

Do as the error message tells you! You need to install the mozilla-devel
package for your distribution. For windows this is the gecko package
Gildas Bazin told you about.
Oh yeah and please e-mail the vlc-devel mailinglist instead of
individual developers. That way you will be helped a lot faster, because
other people are reading that list too and they also might help with
given answers.

>Could you please help me? I'm tying to build VLC with Mozilla plugin under cygwin.
>VLC version is vlc-0.8.2.

See above.