[vlc-devel] Re: czech translation

Felix Kühne fk at aenneburghardt.de
Tue Jun 14 18:27:35 CEST 2005

Hello Jaroslav,

First of all, thanks for your interest in VLC.

Jan Cinert offered to create a Czech localisation last autumn, but we
haven't heard anything from him since then. If you want to contact him
anyway, write to <ion_lord [at] seznam [dot] cz>.

We use Gettext to localise VLC, so you'll get a so-called po-file for
editing. You can open this file in a plain text-editor, but I strongly
recommend you to use poEdit (available for Windows and Linux), which
makes the work much easier for you. You can download a current, empty
po-file for Czech here: <http://xserve.via.ecp.fr/~videolan/temp/cs.po>

If you have any questions, feel free to write to this
vlc-devel-mailing-list or meet us on IRC (#videolan, freenode-network).

Please mail me your po-file off-list, when you are finished with the
most important strings. We hope to release the forthcoming version
0.8.2 on June 21, so it would be nice to have your po-file back on
Sunday, June 19.

We'd be glad to include your translation.

Best regards,
Felix