[vlc-devel] High incremental Memory usage

Nirnimesh nirnimesh at students.iiit.ac.in
Sun Jun 19 20:06:02 CEST 2005

When I run my vlc on my Zaurus PDA (SL6000L), the memory taken up by the
application increments steadily every second till I'm left with only
about 1.5M of free memory on the system. I started with 13M free.
Obviously something seems to be eating up the memory incrementally,
maybe some buffer, but this doesn't seem natural (11.5M is a lot of
memory for buffering). Is there any way I can reduce the memory
requirements to a bare minimum? Or some way to reduce any buffer size?

My vlc command line is:

./vlc -I dummy tumbin.avi --noaudio

The vlc was compiled with ffmpeg.

Nirnimesh