[vlc-devel] compiling vlc & ffmpeg

Luis Fernando Heckler lfheckler at ig.com.br
Mon Jun 20 22:45:28 CEST 2005

hi,

I read the news about ffmpeg and new capabilities to decode Apple
Quicktime 7 streamings, so I'm trying to compile ffmpeg and vlc...

The vlc compiler output returns this error msg:
"configure: error: /usr/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a was not
compiled with postprocessing support, make sure you configured ffmpeg
with --enable-pp"

But this is my string to compile the ffmpeg, that returns with no errors:
"./configure --enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-pp --enable-shared-pp
--enable-shared --enable-x264 --enable-gpl --source-path=/usr/src/ffmpeg
--with-x264-tree=/usr/src/x264/"

And this is my string to compile VLC, that returns the error msg:
"./configure --enable-st --enable-v4l --enable-faad --enable-twolame
--enable-quicktime --enable-flac --enable-theora --enable-dirac
--enable-aa --enable-esd --enable-arts --enable-ncurses --enable-xosd
--enable-slp --enable-livedotcom --with-ffmpeg-tree=/usr/src/ffmpeg/
--with-livedotcom-tree=/usr/src/live/"

I have some problems to compile faac too ...

someone can help me? Sorry, but its my first experience compiling vlc ...

thanks for all,

Luis F. Heckler