[vlc-devel] Volunteer to add keyboard thread to VCD module?

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Sun Jun 26 13:22:10 CEST 2005

I had been waiting for the 0.8.2 release before making this call for help.
(Again, great work! it's been a long time coming)

Recently in xine's VCD plugin, I've added "hot spots" -- regions that
are mouse selectable in menus. This could be added easily to vlc if
the VCD plugin had mouse (and keyboard) listener thread were
added. I've looked at the dvdnav module, and alas, this is more
involved that I can deal with.

But if there's a volunteer out there would would be willing to add a
listener thread to the VCD code, I'd be happy to move the state of the
VCD plugin forward more.

(But actually doing the rest after adding the event thread is
relatively simple; to a large extent the code in vcdplayer.{c,h} in
vlc and xine are the same.)

Again, thanks.