[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r11565 (fkuehne)

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jun 27 18:08:45 CEST 2005

I disagree.

There are already some (12, actually) tickets that are not critical, but
that we would like to have fixed really-soon-now.

Generally speaking, I think everyone agrees we need a faster release
cycle. 0.8.2 was way too long...

Branching can help much for this, by having a "stable" branch which is
always in a releasable state (ok, this is a dream, but let's try).

The branching overhead is quite low (mainly backporting changes, which
does not really need to be done for each commit)...

--
Clément