[vlc-devel] [Jason Berry <jbeezo at gmail.com>] ActiveX and Mozilla plugin bugs

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Wed Jun 29 18:15:05 CEST 2005

 The deleted attachments are at:
   <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20050629-videolan/activex_test.html>
   <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20050629-videolan/ActiveX_Frames_Edge.HTML>
   <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20050629-videolan/Mozilla_Frames_Edge.html>
   <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20050629-videolan/Mozilla_Test.html>

----- Forwarded message from Jason Berry <jbeezo at gmail.com> -----

From: Jason Berry <jbeezo at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 05:53:12 -0400
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
Subject: ActiveX and Mozilla plugin bugs
	REALLY_UNSAFE_JAVASCRIPT,SLIGHTLY_UNSAFE_JAVASCRIPT autolearn=no
	version=3.0.3

After experimenting with both plugins over the last couple weeks I've
come across a few bugs.

Running the latest 0.8.3 win32 nightly in WinXP SP2 on a P4C 2.4GHz machine.

1. Applies to both plugins (existing in 0.8.2_test2 to 0.8.3svn):
When using more than one instance of the plugin, only the first
mute="yes" or <param name="Mute" value="True" /> mutes all audio.  The
same command in a second instance of the plugin results in all audio
being un-muted again.

2. Mozilla only (existing in 0.8.2_test2 to 0.8.3svn):
The autoplay command does not work by itself and requires a <body
onload=> string to work properly.  Reopens ticket #211, see my post at
the bottom of http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=9923

3. When trying to launch nine instances of the ActiveX plugin I get
the following error in IE:
Error signature:
AppName: iexplore.exe	 AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180	 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180	 Offset: 00037740

It seemed to work a whole lot better in 0.8.2_test2, but I was still
crashing IE quite often if I didn't stop the streams before launching
it.  I don't think this is VLC's fault (I can open nine in Mozilla
just fine), just thought I'd mention it.  I'm probably going to have
to play around with the mosaic function to do what I want anyway.

Has anyone given any thought to adding the following function:
I'd like to have all streams muted at launch (already taken care of)
and use doubleclick to fullscreen a video and un-mute at the same
time.

Cheers,
Jason

Absurd stack bottom value