[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r10077 (hartman)

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue Mar 1 10:36:15 CET 2005

About this change.
It was instigated by this:
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=23982#23982

I confirmed that indeed these hotkeys were no longer working (couldn't
have been since the dvd keys were added to the hotkeys intf LONG LONG
ago). This got me thinking that this code was completely bloated with
duplicated code from hotkeys.c
So now lirc configs only have to pass the name of a key-action variable
to lirc.c which triggers this key in the hotkeys intf.

If someone could please test if the code still compiles and works? I
don't have lirc, so I cannot test it.
A review by others might also be useful in case NO ONE has lirc.

DJ

On 01 mrt 2005, at 10:28, Subversion daemon wrote:

> r10077 | hartman | 2005-03-01 10:28:37 +0100 (Tue, 01 Mar 2005) | 4
> lines
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/NEWS
>    M /trunk/doc/lirc/example.lircrc
>    M /trunk/modules/control/lirc.c
>
> * simplified the lirc code to listen for key-* strings which we can
> directly use to trigger hotkeys.
> * updated the example.lircrc with new required strings
> * added a notice to NEWS about changed lirc syntax.
>
> --

---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)