[vlc-devel] Previous seekpoint

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Mar 5 12:12:36 CET 2005

Hi,

I was thinking about changing a bit how backward seeking works. When you
are in a chapter and click on "previous chapter", you should :

- go in the previous chapter
- go at the beggining of the current chapter

The first one happens when you are not too far in the current chapter (a
few seconds) and the second should happen the rest of the time. That's
how players usually behave.

I tried to change this behaviour in VLC but I failed so far.

I modified var.c:SeekpointCallback() to get the current input time. But
I need to check this time with the start_time of the current chapter.
How can I do that ?

Also I've temporarily added a hardcoded test on time to test if it could
work. But it doesn't ! Even when the current chapter number is not
modified, it *does* seek to the previous timecode. Is it the GUI that
enforces this ? I haven't found out how and why it happens.

Any suggestion ?