[vlc-devel] Re: vcdx on OSX

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Wed Mar 9 01:01:30 CET 2005

Derk-Jan Hartman writes:
 > > What does vcd-info from the vcdimager package show?
 >
 > stud184083:~/Development/vlc/extras/contrib/src/vcdimager/frontends/cli
 > pjotr$ ./vcd-info

Sorry I didn't make things more clear and precise. Let me try again.

1. When running vcd-info specify a CD-ROM device:

 ./vcd-info -i /dev/rdisk2

or whatever it is that is your CD-ROM device on your OSX system.

2. If 1 works, then try putting that in your ~/.vlrc/vlcrc
   vcd=/dev/rdisk2  (or whatever)

3. Finally, there were a number of changes made a while ago in libcdio
CVS to fix up what has been endemic problems in detecting and reading
ISO 9660 filesystems. Therefore using libcdio CVS will probably help
the autodetection part.