[vlc-devel] Re: vcdx on OSX

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Wed Mar 9 16:21:03 CET 2005

Derk-Jan Hartman writes:

 > >> stud184083:~/Development/vlc/extras/contrib/src/vcdimager/frontends/
 > >> cli
 > >> pjotr$ ./vcd-info
 >
 > Updated to 0.72
 >
 > vcd-info unchanged

Yes, but for *autodetection* I suggested the current CVS, not 0.72.

 > cd-info:
 > Notice how the bus error returned. I'm guessing it's not an isolated
 > issue after-all :(

Well, it's isolated in that you are the first person among the OSX
users to have reported a problem. :-)

And I'm guessing a library version mismatch because of mismatched
libraries in libcddb or vcdimager. The cool thing about getting such
little information is we can guess whatever is convenient. :-)

 > which sucks.

Yep, it does. If this were a vlc problem, one would get a trace back.
We'll wait for a more savvy OSX user to give more detailed info or
willing to dig a little deeper.