[vlc-devel] Re: Mpeg ps test results

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 19 12:47:56 CET 2005

Thanks for the info.  I'm not really trying to go to 20 for a file, but
rather trying to get normal rates out:
"23.976fps","24fps","25fps","29.97fps","30fps","50fps","59.94fps","60fps"

In this case, the basic goal is to output a 29.97 if I start with a 29.97,
whether VLC automatically does the transcode at the input rate, or I have to
force it via a --sout-transcode-fps.  Right now the output is pretty much 25
fps, for the PTS, no matter what the input fps or the specified
--sout-transcode-fps.

(You were right on the money that fps could be a problem, just trying to
understand what to do to get rid of the problem)