[vlc-devel] Re: [BUG] wrong IOD_descriptor coding

Jingsong Fu JingsongFu at AirgoNetworks.Com
Sun Mar 20 02:59:25 CET 2005

Why I can not unsubscribe this mailing list?

-----Original Message-----
From: vlc-devel-bounce at videolan.org
[mailto:vlc-devel-bounce at videolan.org] On Behalf Of Nico Sabbi
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 3:26 PM
To: vlc-devel at videolan.net
Subject: [vlc-devel] [BUG] wrong IOD_descriptor coding

Hi,
reading the specs of the IOD descriptor I found what VLC is m[ie]ssing:
the Scope of IOD label
(1 bytes just before the IOD_label)

I also know why: it's absent in the draft floating around, but defined
in the final specs.

This is how it should be coded:
0x10 indicates that the IOD_label is unique within the program
0x11 indicates that the IOD_label is unique within the transport stream

Unfortunately this creates an incompatibility with every standard
compliant SL demuxer,
so it has to be worked around, but I hope that future versions of VLC
will be fixed.

Thanks,

    Nico