[vlc-devel] SVG rendering module - advice wanted

Olivier Aubert oaubert at bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Mar 31 16:09:20 CEST 2005

Hello

I have updated the SVG rendering module (which uses the text renderer
API) to match the recent changes in the API. It works alright, except
for two points :

- colors are not handled properly, only the Y value seems to be taken
into account (only greyscale rendering). It must be some mistake in my
RGBA->YUVA rendering code, but I am no expert, and it is just an
adaptation of the code I wrote for 0.7.2, which worked alright.

- all subtitles seem to be now rendered with the b_ephemeral attribute
set (i.e. the new subtitle will replace the current one, not overwrite
it). I would like to have the old behaviour, where multiple subtitles
can be displayed concurrently on the video. Apart from creating as many
channels as subtitles, what is the proper way of doing this ?

Thanks for any hint.

Olivier